Models in 1:32 scale self made

Selbstgebaute maßstäbliche Schienenfahrzeuge mit/ohne handelsüblichen Zurüstteilen

Moderator: fido

Meggido
Buntbahner
Buntbahner

Models in 1:32 scale self made

Beitrag von Meggido »

Dear All,
This is my first post here I am not sure if I choose the correct place. I am sorry, I do not speak German language too good. :)
Let me introduce myself. My Name is Jacek and on some internet forums, especially polish model railway forum you can find me as Meggido (like here). :) I build myself models of locomotives and cars that you can see on polish rails and I am the only one in Poland who do it in 1:32 scale. It is not popular in Poland because of the price, H0 is the most popular. In my first post I will just show you some ready self build models. In further posts I will try to show you some more of what I do now and how I build them, of course if you will be interested in this. :)
For those who will be interested and will not be able to wait for my further posts, you could find some more pictures in here:
https://goo.gl/photos/4GPnUpZcbRbXFbvX9
Some simple films can be also found here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsZggH ... 7GqeUoybRA

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
furkabahn
Buntbahner
Buntbahner
Re: Models in 1:32 scale self made

Beitrag von furkabahn »

Hello Jacek,

the models shown by you look amazing :!: Please show more in furture and describe a little bit how you build your models.

The pictures show at least two really outstanding and special things for all of your models: An extreme clean painting and yery good looking high detailed fan grills.

Best regards
Joachim
Meggido
Buntbahner
Buntbahner

Beitrag von Meggido »

I would like to show you my current and latest locomotive project. I am closer to the end of it each day. :)
First it starts with project in 3D software. I collect some documentation of a locomotive or car. It is sometimes better and more detailed, sometimes it is crap and all has to be verified. But generally it starts with this: :)
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

When everything id 3D is ready then I prepare drawings for laser cutting and photo etching. :) I get a bunch of steel and brass scrap which I have to turn into a model. So I start with additional parts manufacturing like pipes, nuts, etc. and I form steel for final soldering. :)
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Besides of steel and brass for some more tricky parts I use 3D printing. :)
Bild

I also produce wheel sets myself with gears (gears them I buy), main gearboxes, cardan shafts and so on. But this I will show in my next post if you will be interested in this. :)
Henner (Henry)
Buntbahner
Buntbahner

Beitrag von Henner (Henry) »

Jacek,
please keep on posting. Your models are amazing. If possible try to explain how you made certain tricky parts.
Regards
Henner (Henry)
Donkey Doktor a.D. EDH Lumber Company
Meggido
Buntbahner
Buntbahner

Beitrag von Meggido »

As you could see my model is going to be driven from the central "power unit" that consists of 2 motors and main gearbox. from gearbox power will be transferred do the boggies with wheel sets via cardan shafts. As always I started with some design work. ;)
Bild
Bild

The result had to be turned into a running device. :) I decided to build the gearbox housing from steel sheet's slices. I seemed to be easier to manufacture than making it as a casted element.
Bild

I had to put it all together and point weld it (I hope you understand) to make it as one piece with covers where I installed motors to.
Bild
Bild
Bild

Of course inside I had to install gears and bearings which I bought and some shafts with rings and other stuff. These I had to make myself. ;)
Bild
Bild
Bild

All is customised so all cardan shafts I had to make myself so as the wheel sets with gears. This I will show in the next post if you are still interested in my small polish railway models manufacturing in scale of 1:32. ;)
Trambahner
Buntbahner
Buntbahner

Beitrag von Trambahner »

Dear Jacek

Great design and great work.

This model building thread is amazing.

Do you fill the gearbox with a lubrication grease?

would be great to see and read more of your projects
Gruss
Michael

The man who never made a compromise never build a model railroad
Meggido
Buntbahner
Buntbahner

Beitrag von Meggido »

Trambahner hat geschrieben:Dear Jacek

Great design and great work.

This model building thread is amazing.

Do you fill the gearbox with a lubrication grease?

would be great to see and read more of your projects
Thanks a lot. :)
Yes, I use chemically neutral technical vaseline. I modified a little both covers of the gear box to have an greasing holes to be able to grease the box without taking it out of the locomotive.
This will be my next project. Details are already "under production". ;) I mean laser cutting and photoetching. But I have also 5 gas tank cars to be finished. :)

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Meggido
Buntbahner
Buntbahner

Beitrag von Meggido »

First try if the boggies fit into the frame. It runs on curve of R2300mm but I prefer R3000mm which is the best for my models. I make them according to manufacturer's documemts so it also needs more realistic rail tracks. :)
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Meggido
Buntbahner
Buntbahner

Beitrag von Meggido »

Fast and simple test of a prototype drive. :-)
Below you cam see a link to a film
https://youtu.be/8VjH3nW12Ww

And some pictures. :-)
Bild

Bild
Meggido
Buntbahner
Buntbahner

Beitrag von Meggido »

Another stage of the project. :)

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

And the pantographs type AKP-4E commonly used on polish railway.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

And the short film that shows how the machanism works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GQZjvUrahs
Antworten